max·im noun a short, pithy statement expressing a general truth or rule of conduct.
1. EDIT to GROW Although this may seem counter-intuitive, we must learn to EDIT and DELETE the non-value adding activities and/or events. There is a finite amount of energy (leadership, volunteers, money . . .) so we need to focus on a few things and execute at the highest level.
2. Change is Constant – Evolve Immediately Don’t let the “this is always the way we have done it” mentality prevail. Growth comes with change. Don’t wait for change, EVOLVE immediately. Develop the plans for the future and begin to execute and implement the plans .
3. Execute the Plan Listen to but don’t jump on the next exciting idea that pops up. Develop and follow the Strategic Plan that will lead the organization’s future growth. If the new idea has exceptional merit, then add it to the Strategic Plan.
4. The Devil is in the Details/Master the Fundamentals All the creativity and planning in the world is useless unless we can put it into action. Ensure that the fundamentals are in place and executed upon at the highest level. (Examples for race management include: course measurement, timing, hydration stations, etc.).
5. Under promise, but OVER deliver Don’t make big promises to impress the organization or the GVL running community . . . Impress everyone with the delivered results.
6. Remember Darrell The late Darrell Jennewine is still held in high esteem throughout the Greenville Track Club, both for his understanding of the Greenville running community and for his love of the GTC organization. Always think of what Darrell would be proud of doing.
7. Always, DO the RIGHT Thing The GTC thinks of itself as a responsible entity with the GVL community, embracing social responsibility. It encourages its members to be honest and transparent and to also promote diversity and sustainability.